When disaster strikes your home or business, Call SERVPRO of Ottumwa/ Oskaloosa.
Over the past few years, SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa has worked hard to become a leader in the restoration industry in Southeast Iowa. The team genuinely cares about each and every customer and treats them as they would want their families to be treated. When someone calls in with a disaster (fire, water, mold, biohazard), they are there to help them pick up the pieces and put them back together. They are proud and passionate about the work they do. SERVPRO provides estimates that detail all the services to be performed, eliminating unanticipated surprises. Once the estimates have been approved, trained professionals will arrive in fully stocked vehicles not only to mitigate the problem but also to protect the structure and contents. SERVPRO has a 24-Hour Emergency Service that provides help for those who need it.
With over 70 years of combined experience, SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa has the knowledge and training to provide assistance with any disaster that may occur. When disaster strikes your home or business, Call SERVPRO of Ottumwa/ Oskaloosa.
Halloween Fire Safety Tips for Safe Decorating
Halloween fire safety is very important and SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa is here with these safety tips. If you have an accidental fire in your home or business you can depend on SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa to help with your clean up needs. We believe though that knowledge and prethinking helps to reduce fire damage.
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow-stick in jack-o-lanterns. If you use a real candle, use extreme caution. Make sure children are watched at all times when candles are lit. When lighting candles inside jack-o-lanterns, use long, fireplace-style matches or a utility lighter. Be sure to place lit pumpkins well away from anything that can burn and far enough out of the way of trick-or-treaters, doorsteps, walkways, and yards.
- Dried flowers, cornstalks and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- Tell children to stay away from open flames including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them. Be sure they know how to stop, drop and roll if their clothing catches fire.
Halloween fire facts
- From 2009-2013, decorations were the item first ignited in an estimated average of 860 reported home structure fires per year.
- Nearly half of decoration fires in homes occurred because the decorations were too close to a heat source.
- These fires caused an estimated average of one civilian death, 41 civilian injuries, and $13 million in direct property damage per year.
- Forty-one percent of these incidents were started by candles; one-fifth began in the living room, family room, or den.
Source: NFPA Applied Research
Ready to Roll to Your Commercial Water Damage
We have the equipment you need for your clean up project. We have added another large loss truck to our growing fleet. This truck is stocked and ready for whatever happens. It carries over 120 air movers, 10 dehumidifiers, and 4 flood pumper water extraction units. This will be one of the first trucks to a large commercial loss followed up by our new 53’ semi trailer. Both the truck and semi trailer will allow SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa to be to your business in a moments notice with the equipment you need. We will respond with a project manager, get an understanding of the equipment needed and then dispatch these trucks to allow us to quickly get the equipment you need to your business. Being gassed, loaded and backed into our shops allows us to roll very quickly to be there to help you when you need it most. We can respond with these vehicles locally in Ottumwa / Oskaloosa as well as to any part of the state.
Fire Damage - Call a Trained Crew - SERVPRO
After a fire strikes your home or business affected your life you need to have a trusted company cleanup the damage properly. SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa is a trusted leader in fire cleanup. We are a preferred vendor for many insurance companies making the process that much easier for you. With good communication and documentation we strive for providing our clients a good customer service experience during a difficult time. We can handle everything from pack out to overseeing reconstruction services. We specialize in Fire and Smoke restoration and spend hundreds of hours training our technicians the extensive cleaning processes. No fire is the same. Some are oxygen starved fires and some are grease fires. They are all cleaned slightly differently. We develop a full scope for clean up and get to work. We are faster to any size disaster and can make your fire loss "Like it never even happened." At SERVPRO we use a restore vs. replace mentality meaning you can get your original items back in most cases and your structure restored quicker. Call SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa if you have fire or smoke damage today! Our crews will respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Be Prepared With a Restoration Contact Number in Your Phone
Programming our phone number 641-682-0782 into your cell phone gives you the number you need at a quick button click on your phone.
As the winter season approaches, be sure to have your business ready for whatever happens by making sure SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa is your first call when disaster strikes.
We understand firsthand how critical it is to get your commercial space back up and running after a water loss or fire loss. At SERVPRO, we are ready to respond fast to any size disaster and get your commercial space back to "Like it never even happened." We use state of the art technology to map moisture and set drying equipment quickly to mitigate any size loss day or night. We have technicians ready at a moment’s notice to respond to your commercial space quickly and start the cleanup process. We are the trusted leader in storm, fire, and water restoration. Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get emergency cleanup service for your commercial space. Getting your business back to work quickly and reducing business interruption is important to us too.
Check for Sources Where Rain Water Can Enter - Water Clean Up
Inspecting common leak sources routinely and looking at your exterior foundation can help prevent rain and surface runoff intrusions in your home. Rain can cause damage by getting into small cracks in your foundation or flooring, around windows, or even from non functioning sump pump systems which can lead to all sorts of damages if not addressed timely. Here at SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa we understand how frustrating it can be to discover rain related water intrusions which are a leading cause of water damage to a home or business. The sooner mitigation and extraction of the standing water begins the better to prevent further damage. Identifying the source and repairing it is extremely crucial.
If problems do occur you can give our team a call. We are a 24 hour, 7 day a week company and will work hard to get the issues resolved in a timely manner. We understand the importance of fast response time and mitigation services. With our professionally trained and certified team we are here to help and get your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
Helpful Tips To Prevent Storm Damage
Storms often come quickly and without much notice, being prepared is crucial to avoid any unexpected storm damages. SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa is here to help clean up any storm related damage you experience. We are here to give these tips ahead of time to hopefully prevent damage from occurring.
Storm Preparedness Tips
- Protect Pipes from Freezing
- Caulk and weather strip windowsills to keep water and cold air out
- Get your heating source serviced and cleaned before the cold weather hits.
- Have a plan with your family as to what to do if a storm warning is issued.
- Bring your furry friends inside if possible.
- Have flashlights and extra batteries on hand.
- Keep dry clothes available for all family members.
- Check on friends and family and neighbors.
- Bring in any outdoor furniture that could possibly fly around.
- STAY CALM
Once the storm has past checking structural elements, doing a walk through around the interior and exterior of your home or business, and checking utility services should be done as soon as safe to do so. If you notice any damages call a professional to assess the possible damage and make necessary repairs to prevent further damage from occurring.
Winter Storms - Prepare to Prevent Storm Damage
Winter is just around the corner. Now is the time to start preparing your home or business for cold temperatures. SERVPRO of Ottumwa/ Oskaloosa recommends doing these steps to help prevent winter water damage.
- If you live in a modular home or a home with a crawl space, make sure your water pipes have a working heat trace system and your crawl space is properly insulated.
- Turn off water to all outside spigots and open outside faucets to drain water from water pipes. Make sure all hoses are disconnected from the outside spiots.
- Make sure your gutters are clean of all debris and leaves. This will help prevent ice jams from forming during warmer winter weather when the snow and ice are melting.
- If you have a basement, take a walk around the outside of your home, if the dirt is separated from your foundation in any area, take the necessary precautions to fill the gaps and encourage drainage away from the foundation. This will help water from seeping into your basement from the walls.
- Cover any window wells on the outside of your home to help prevent snow and ice from building up inside of them.
If winter water damage does occur in your home or business, please call SERVPRO immediately. The longer you wait to have the water remediation completed, the more damage you may have.
Helpful Tips if Your Contents Are Affected by Water
Follow these helpful tips in the event you have experienced any kind of water damage in your home or business. Following these are steps will help you protect your personal belongings. Follow these steps as soon as possible. The longer your contents sit in water the more likely they are to experience damage.
While you wait for SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa to arrive follow these steps:
- Move any furniture with wooden feet or legs that you can safely carry out of the affected area. You can use a non-porous object such as coasters, plastic wrap, Styrofoam, aluminum foil, etc, to block the furniture and lift the legs out of the water. At SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa, we use styrofoam blocks to lift furniture out of wet areas. However, it is okay to be creative as a homeowner to find other household items that can serve the same purpose. The important thing is preventing water damage to your furniture.
- Store any belongings in plastic totes. If your belongings are stored in cardboard, move any wet cardboard boxes to a dry area. It’s also a good idea to dry off items that are wet before placing them in storage.
- Move electronics that have been saturated by water to a dry area and wipe down with a clean, dry rag.
- Take pictures! Our staff takes pictures for your insurance company when we arrive, but if you do happen to move anything or have something that is really damaged, make sure to take pictures of those items.
The more contents you can move yourself, the less damage you will have to your furniture and personal items. This will also help our SERVPRO team get to work immediately extracting water and setting drying equipment.
Industrial Business Water Clean Up
This photo shows the water and mud that covered the floor before we started the clean up process.
SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa got a call about an industrial building having water damage on the weekend. The caller said they needed water in a 100,000 square foot refrigeration factory clean up and they wanted emergency services.
SERVPRO was on site accessing the situation in 30 minutes. A main line to the fire suppression system broke under the concrete flooring and an estimated 150,000 gallons of water and mud had flooded the warehouse.
Within a few hours on the same day the client called our crew had set up extraction equipment and called in a semi truck load of floor scrubbers to clean the mud. By Monday, SERVPRO had the factory up and running at 75% capacity.
SERVPRO of Ottumwa/ Oskaloosa helps commercial properties get back to business faster. We understand the importance of getting back to work. Every minute a commercial business is down it is not creating revenue. We are here to help and "Ready for what ever happens."
If you own, operate, or manage a commercial property call us and ask about our FREE ERP (emergency ready profile) and how it could help your business.